Saturday 4 June 2011

Eat, Love, Sun and Shops

Weekends are definitely those days where doing nothing is sometimes a good option as you never know where the day may take you. 
Doing nothing at home however is the last thing anyone wants to end up doing, constantly circling round the house, looking in the fridge even if your not hungry and checking your facebook updates for some mindless albeit brief entertainment, I call it bull-click. 
Me, I'm embracing a new way of doing nothing, especially as the weather has been so nice (don't worry  I wont bore you with the dreaded topic of weather), but for those of you who are NOT in London this weekend, the sun HAS finally been out.
The BBQ smells blasting through my car window as I'm passing by the Turkish neighbours house is mouth watering AND i have finally reached into the wardrobe to pull out a summer number and flaunt my sexy Mexican tan!
Erm BTW Mexican tan isnt a new product, i actually went there so please no Googling :)







My day of doing nothing turned out to be quiet a busy day(hooray). A f**king awesome feast at the Meze Meze restaurant on North Finchley High Road was a much needed brunch and a trip to the North London Hospice to buy a heap of books turned out to be a very productive trip indeed, 10 books was it! I lost count.


We then headed to good old Trent Park. When I say we, I mean me and my husband 'Nikolai'. 'HUSBAND' I hear you scream, yes amigos my husband, I have been married now for approximately 1 month and 4 days. Being a newly wed has brought a new set of butterfly's to my stomach...in a good way of corse!


Sundress' are what you need right now and for ALL summers to come! They have been around for years already but I feel I need to stress how freakin' awesome they are! Lots of different styles, patterns, textures and  cuts - which make me have goosebumps just thinking about the next shopping trip! (i know loser)
I'm absolutely  loving a classic white sundress, it matches well with most items we all have looks effortless and above all is comfy.
Theres a great selection on the high street with any budget you may have, or if your a vintage lover there are a number of vintage shops that will have a stunning piece to suit you.

MAKE SURE you try on a few different cuts and styles as not all sundresses can be flattering, we all have beautiful different bodies so we must make sure we dress for our shape and skin tone. Like for example, sometimes I feel like I've put on 4 stone because the cut is alllll wrong and the colour makes me look ill - so be careful.

Newlook actually have quite a nice selection! I've added a few of my faves below and I may just head down there to make some pretty new purchases - happy shopping!



New look Metallic SUNDRESS £39.99










 New Look - Frilly Drop Back Sundress £19.99












                    Bettina Shoulder Bag - Absolute Vintage £28.00











Gold Trimmed Christian Lacroix Sunglasses £140!







                         Small 70's Handbag £20
 

As I am really into the Jackie Collins books right now due to the hilarious sitcom appeal, I have to say her books are a must read, they are quick and easy to flick through and for people like me who barely has time to water my plants let alone read books, Jackie Collins will make your pool side or bus ride journey a hoot! She will make you make time!

www.jackiecollins.com  visit her website for more info!








Until the next blog 


Minnie Londoner 


OUT!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment it is very much appreciated, I hope you have also followed my blog too x :)

Popular Posts